Elections / Elecciones
May 7, 2022 General Election
Council Positions up for Election in 2022:
Council Position 3
Council Position 4
Council Position 5
Notice of Deadline to File an Application for a Place on the Ballot
Ordinance 485 Calling the May 7, 2022 General Election
Certificate of Unopposed Candidates
Ordinance 486 Cancelling the May 7, 2022 General Election
Posted in accordance with H.B. 305 (September 1, 2019)
City elections are held the 1st Saturday in May of each year at City Hall located at 411 Tallowood Drive, El Lago, Texas 77586. The next election day will take place on Saturday, May 6, 2023.
Early Voting by Personal Appearance is Monday through Friday, the 12th day through the 8th day before Election Day, and is during regular City Hall hours located at 411 Tallowood Drive, El Lago, Texas 77586:
- Monday through Thursday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
and the following Monday and Tuesday of Election Day week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Mayor & Council Positions
There are 6 elected positions in the city; 5 council member at large positions and the Mayor. In odd years, the Mayor and Council Positions 1 and 2 are up for election; and in even years Council Positions 3, 4 and 5 are up for election.
Filing for Office
In order to file an application for a place on the ballot, a candidate must:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years of age or older on first day of term to be filled at election;
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- Totally mentally incapacitated; or
- Partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote:
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the City of El Lago for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, preceding the date of the election;) Mayoral candidates must have resided in the City of El lago for one year prior to election day.
- Be a registered voter in the territory from which the office is elected as of the date of the filing deadline for a candidate’s place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, as of the date of the election).
If you would like to run for office, candidate packets will be available for pick up at City Hall by January 1st. The first official day to file for office is January 18th, 2023 and the deadline to file is February 17th, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
Please contact the City Secretary, Rachel Lewis for additional filing information by calling 281-326-1951, ext. 111 or by emailing our staff.